Last year I replaced all the windows in my house with that expensive
double-pane energy efficient kind, and today, I got a call from the
contractor who installed them. He was complaining that the work had
been completed a whole year ago and I still hadn’t paid for them.
Hellloooo,…………just because I’m blonde doesn’t mean that I am
automatically stupid. So, I told him just what his fast talking sales
guy had told me last year, that in ONE YEAR these windows would
pay for themselves! Helllooooo? It’s been a year! I told him.
There was only silence at the other end of the line, so
I finally just hung up. He never called back. I bet he felt like an idiot.
Obviously this is a joke but an all too common sales pitch by replacement window companies to sell you on the energy savings of their windows to justify the expensive price! A few things to keep in mind when shopping for new windows:
1. Their savings claims are based on lab tests and averages. No one can say with any certainty how their windows will perform in your specific house.
2. They’re usually talking about the glass, not the window as a whole. You can upgrade your glass for far less than a whole new window and wood is a far better insulator than plastic.
3. Great! Save $100 bucks a year with your new windows. You probably spent $20,000 more than you needed to. At a $100 bucks a year…you do the math!
4. How do those white vinyl windows look on your brown house?
5. Did you get your $1,500 tax credit last year? Again, did you spend another $20,000 to get $1,500 back?
A Window Makeover is your smart choice for replacement window options. New replacement components with a five year warranty that restore your existing windows to like new condition for 50-60% less than new replacement windows. Check us out and see how much money we can save you!